One thing you should know: Asking a question that's been answered in our FAQ page (below) will probably not receive a direct response.
We're a volunteer organization and like any hobby group we don't have a paid staff monitoring email. However, we'll attempt to the best ability of our collective resources to find an answer to questions that weren't addressed in the FAQ (below).
Questions with practically no information, i.e. "How much is my grandmother's player-piano worth? Some keys are chipped, thanx." Such questions are too ambiguous for anyone to answer and need to be stated with as much information as one would normally need to begin research (specific model name, serial#, professional condition as assessed by a local tuner, etc.).
We receive many email inquiries a week and do the best we can with the resources we have to answer them in an intelligent and timely manner by finding the correct people in the organization who could best give you an accurate answer..
1. General Question: If you have a General
Question, due to the volume of mail we receive we need you to first visit
our FAQ Page first
to see if your question has been answered there.
2. Joining AMICA: If you'd like more information about Joining The Organization, please visit our Membership Page and print out the on-line mail-in form.
3. Ask your Local Chapter: An AMICA member who lives in your area is a great place to ask a question. Please visit our Chapters Page and send email directly to an officer in the Chapter local to you. These are friendly people that want to help!
4. If you would like to send a
letter or talk to someone directly regarding:
5. If none of the above works for you: Please email Joe Orens - our Website Email Coordinator. He'll try to either answer your question or forward it to a person who can provide an answer. Please give us time - we're all busy individuals too!
6. Comments/suggestions/material-contributions for this Website: Please email the Web Manager.
materials have been used with the assumed owner's permission, however if you
claim copyright on materials here and you wish them removed please contact the
Website Manager on the
Contact page. If I don't know you I'll ask you to supply proof of ownership
(a notarized copyright registration certificate will be your best bet). If
your claim is valid and verified then the materials will be removed immediately.